If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy, deliciously creamy, and slightly spicy version of the classic comfort food. Perfect as a side dish or as a main meal! —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
- 12 ounces dry cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 cup Jamaican jerk bacon, ¼" dice (can substitute pepper bacon)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, freshly shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, fry the diced jerk bacon in a medium sized pan over medium heat until brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Whisk in the three cheeses and the salt, whisking until the cheese is fully incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir the cooked pasta and jerk bacon into the sauce and heat through, about a minute or two. Serve as a side dish or as a main dish with a salad or green vegetable. Enjoy!