If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm, baked Healthy Almond Walnut Apple Crisp bursting with almond & cinnamon. This gluten-free, Paleo, low sugar messy goodness is the perfect healthy desert to add to your holiday menu! —Megan Olson
- 5 medium red apples (softer is better, I used Gala)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (oat flour would work well too)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Prep 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray
- Peel apples, remove core & slice into thin pieces
- Place apples on baking dish evenly
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients leaving walnuts to the side
- Spread mixture on top of apples evenly
- Sprinkle walnuts on top
- Bake 30 minutes @ 350 degrees