If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, savory and delicious, this blend of roasted winter vegetables is what to serve with a roast chicken or pork chops. Yum!
—garlic and zest
- 1/2 pound Jerusalem Artichokes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cup water
- 1/2 pound small white or red skinned potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into 1/4" pieces from root to tip
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
- Prepare the jerusalem artichokes first. Squeeze the lemon into a medium bowl and add the water - this acidulated water will prevent the artichokes from oxidizing. Peel the artichokes with a vegetable peeler and cut into bite sized pieces. Immediately transfer to the water.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables and transfer to the sheet pan.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Remove the artichokes from the water and pat dry with a clean towel. Add them to the other vegetables. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle on the rosemary mixture. Use your hands to to coat the vegetables with olive oil and herb mix. When they are coated, arrange the vegetables so that the cut side of the brussel sprouts and potatoes are on the cookie sheet. Spread the rest of the vegetables out in an even layer.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, then use a metal spatula to flip the vegetables over. Continue roasting for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.