If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My cousin Lana Spinner served this yummy dip at a long-ago family gathering. It’s become a staple in many households since then, partly because it’s made from pantry ingredients so you can buzz it up in a hurry without a trip to the store. A BIG Superbowl favorite. —ChefJune
Makes 4-6 servings, multiplies well
- 1 1-2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not “Lite” – you can use homemade, if you like)
- 1 cup yellow onions, thinly sliced
- Cocktail rye bread for serving
- Mix the above ingredients together in an ovenproof dish (about 1 1/2 quart capacity). Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 20 minutes, or microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Stir with a fork, and serve at once with cocktail rye bread.
- Leave the fork in the dish to serve with, or your guests will lose the onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends