Author Notes: This mulled wine, the winner of our "Festive Cocktails" #f52contest, comes from @forevermunchies on Instagram. It's adapted from Ina Garten's recipe for mulled wine. —Food52
Serves: 3 to 4
cups apple cider
milliliters red wine (like Cabernet Sauvignon)
teaspoon ground cloves
medium orange, zested and juiced
1 to 2
- In a medium pot, add all ingredients except the sugar.
- Mix to combine and bring to boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar to taste.
- Cover and let steep for an additional 10 minutes (the longer it sits the better!).
- If it looks like there is a top layer of foam and/or ground spice, use a ladle or spoon to skim off the top and discard.
- Reheat gently over low heat if needed. Pour wine into mugs, garnish as desired, and serve piping hot!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!