If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mulled wine, the winner of our "Festive Cocktails" #f52contest, comes from @forevermunchies on Instagram. It's adapted from Ina Garten's recipe for mulled wine. —Food52
Serves 3 to 4
- 4 1/2 cups apple cider
- 750 milliliters red wine (like Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium orange, zested and juiced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium pot, add all ingredients except the sugar.
- Mix to combine and bring to boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar to taste.
- Cover and let steep for an additional 10 minutes (the longer it sits the better!).
- If it looks like there is a top layer of foam and/or ground spice, use a ladle or spoon to skim off the top and discard.
- Reheat gently over low heat if needed. Pour wine into mugs, garnish as desired, and serve piping hot!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!