If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a delight for piggy and tomato lovers alike. It's guaranteed to satisfy those salty, tarty cravings with a hint of caramelized sweetness. —Noelle Waterworth
ounces Plain goat cheese
handful Cherry tomatoes
- Prep the oven by pre-heating to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Take your goat cheese out of the fridge to soften.
- Roast the cherry tomatoes in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes until they start to soften in the middle (some may even break open).
- Let the cherry tomatoes cool for about 5 minutes. Combine by mixing and mashing the goat cheese and tomatoes with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- Start with a date (don't get nervous, it's not with a person). Slice the date vertically but not all the way through, just enough to stuff with the cheeses. Repeat with all of the dates.
- Slice your bacon in half horizontally. If your dates are thicker, cut the bacon slices into thirds. We don't want those babes too thick.
- Start stuffing those sweet little dates with the cherry tomato goat cheese. A little goes a long way.
- Once all the dates are stuffed, begin wrapping them with your bacon slices and secure with a toothpick.
- Stick them in the oven for 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking, flip them so they cook evenly. You'll want a nice crispy texture to the bacon so if you need to cook them longer, do so until they are crispy. Eat up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends