Author Notes: This recipe is a delight for piggy and tomato lovers alike. It's guaranteed to satisfy those salty, tarty cravings with a hint of caramelized sweetness. —Noelle Waterworth
ounces Plain goat cheese
handful Cherry tomatoes
- Prep the oven by pre-heating to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Take your goat cheese out of the fridge to soften.
- Roast the cherry tomatoes in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes until they start to soften in the middle (some may even break open).
- Let the cherry tomatoes cool for about 5 minutes. Combine by mixing and mashing the goat cheese and tomatoes with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- Start with a date (don't get nervous, it's not with a person). Slice the date vertically but not all the way through, just enough to stuff with the cheeses. Repeat with all of the dates.
- Slice your bacon in half horizontally. If your dates are thicker, cut the bacon slices into thirds. We don't want those babes too thick.
- Start stuffing those sweet little dates with the cherry tomato goat cheese. A little goes a long way.
- Once all the dates are stuffed, begin wrapping them with your bacon slices and secure with a toothpick.
- Stick them in the oven for 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking, flip them so they cook evenly. You'll want a nice crispy texture to the bacon so if you need to cook them longer, do so until they are crispy. Eat up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends