If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get out the crock-pot for an easy and delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Cholula Shredded Beef Tacos. Perfect for Taco Tuesday (or any day of the week!) —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast, boneless
- 1/3 cup original Cholula hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, fresh squeezed
- 24 fresh corn tortillas, warmed
- Accompaniments: radish salad, Cotija cheese, fresh diced avocados, extra Cholula
- For the radish salad
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- For the Cholula shredded beef: Place the beef chuck roast in the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with the Cholula, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried cumin, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours. When roast is finished cooking, remove from the liquid & set aside. Skim fat off top of remaining beef liquid and discard. Shred beef with two forks & place back in liquid. Stir well, taste & add salt if needed. Keep warm.
- For the radish salad: Combine the sliced radishes and all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir well, cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To serve, stack 2 warmed corn tortillas on top of each other, fill with desired amount of shredded beef and top with radish salad, Cotija cheese, diced avocados, and extra Cholula.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of