If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Overnight oats are one of my favorite breakfasts, and they are a snap to whip up, even in my tiny dorm room. The taste of these oats reminds me of a deliciously comforting apple pie. The apple butter is the secret ingredient in making the cozy magic happen. A simple, tasty, and healthy way to start the day! —Tyler
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (heaping)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup Greek, soy, or coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 small apple, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple butter (heaping)
- optional toppings (granola, peanut butter, chopped nuts, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients, with the exception of the optional toppings in bowl.
- Stir to combine, and adjust the liquid-oat ratio and flavorings to taste.
- Spoon oats into a portable airtight container, such as a mason jar, and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, allow oats to come to come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating. Stir and add additional liquid if the oats are too thick for your liking.
- Finish your oats with any additional toppings that strike your fancy, and enjoy!