If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love something punchy and full of flavour on top of a crunchy piece of toasted bread and find it an easy prepare ahead canapé to serve before lunch or supper. This time I have used peppers which cook down to silky soft sweetness with very little attention. The capers add a little salty bite and the parsley brings a verdant freshness. They are delicious. —Anna May
Makes 4 large or many small
- 2 peppers, red, orange or yellow but not green, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil but a little extra
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 slices toasted sourdough (or cut the slices to maker smaller canapés)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the peppers for 20 or so minutes until soft (you could do this in the oven) then add the garlic, cook for a minute and them remove from the heat.
- Stir through the capers, check for seasoning and then pile onto the toast. Sprinkle with parsley and a little extra oil if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends