If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and savory seafood meal that can be prepared in under 15 minutes. To ensure this recipe is environmentally friendly, it uses sustainably caught fish, certified sustainable Malaysian palm oil and Chorizo sausage made with pasture-raised pork.
—Chef Gerard Viverito
- 1/2 cup small diced sweet potato
- 1/2 cup small diced russet potato
- 1/2 cup small diced purple potato
- 1/2 cup small diced butternut squash
- 1/2 cup small diced spanish dry chorizo
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip diced
- 2 1 red, 1 golden, boiled, peeled, cooled and diced small
- 1-2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1/4 cup Malaysian sustainable Red Palm Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 5-6 ounce each swordfish steaks
- Hash Directions Heat a heavy sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the chopped chorizo to the skillet and cook about 1-2 minutes, until starting to brown and the oil renders out, then remove and set aside.
- Add more oil to the skillet if necessary and add the diced potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and let cook about 4 minutes before stirring, allowing to brown on one side.
- Stir and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove
- Add the shallots, diced carrot, parsnip, and beets, season with salt and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Combine all the ingredients and heat through.
- Place in a mound in the center of a warm plate and top with the swordfish.
- Swordfish Directions: Preheat the grill (medium-high heat).
- Whisk the oil, mint, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl to blend
- Season the lime palm oil mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brush the swordfish steaks with 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture
- Grill the steaks until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side