If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my boyfriend went home over the holidays, his mom served him a brussels sprouts salad that he couldn't stop telling me about: I ate 6 servings-worth! It was so addictive! It's so simple to make but so good!
Finally last night, after weeks of telling me about this salad, he made it for me—and it lived up to the hype! As simple as it is, it has the perfect combination of fresh, crispness, fat (in the olive oil and Parmesan), acidity, and salt. Thank you, Leah! —Leslie Stephens
Makes roughly 6 cups salad
- 30 brussels sprouts, washed, stems removed, and cut into thin ribbons
- 1/4 cup good-quality olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons honey, or as needed
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- Place the brussels sprouts in a large bowl. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil with the lemon juice, honey, and a pinch of salt. Doctor the dressing to suit your own taste.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with the Parmesan until evenly coated, then toss with the dressing. Add salt as desired.