If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is loaded with sausage, potatoes and kale! So hearty it replaces a meal! It will keep you warm and full. —The Spoon and Pint
Makes 1 large stockpot of soup
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sausage
- 6-8 russet potatoes
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (jar)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups fresh kale
- crumbled bacon
- shaved parmesan
- Slice onion into smaller pieces and place in skillet on stove with two tablespoons of salted butter. Cook on medium until onions start to soften. Set aside.
- Brown the sausage. We sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes in with the sausage!
- Slice the potatoes with the skin on. Do not cut into too small slices because as they cook down they shrink!
- Place sliced onions, sausage, sliced potatoes, chicken broth, water, cream of chicken, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, bay leaves, and salt and pepper in a stock pot. Cook on medium to high until potatoes are soft. After potatoes are soft taste the base of your soup and add more salt and pepper to your liking!
- Time for garnishes! Frozen bacon is so much easier to work with. It slices pretty nice when its froze! Slice bacon with kitchen scissors into 1 inch pieces and cook until crispy!
- Add the heavy whipping cream and chopped kale into the soup and heat until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Garnish soup with crumbled bacon, shaved parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes!