If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Is your sweet tooth getting in the way of your resolutions? These Cranberry Orange Granola Bars satisfy that craving without making you fall off the wagon! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup agave
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure (or real) orange extract
- 6 ounces organic white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Combine all the ingredients, except for the white chocolate, in a large mixing bowl and, using your hands or a spoon, evenly combine.
- Line a jelly roll pan or a light baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the granola bar mix onto the pan, then spread out and pack using your fingers until you have a rectangle that's about 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake in a 325ºF oven for 25-30 minutes, or until it's beginning to turn golden brown. After removing the pan from the oven, cut them into 14 bars before they cool. Next, allow them to cool for 1-2 hours until they reach room temperature.
- Once the granola bars are cooled, melt the white chocolate using a double broiler method or by microwaving it in 1 minute increments at 30% power until it's melted and warm. Gently dip the bottom side of each granola bar in white chocolate and then place it back onto the parchment. Then drizzle any remaining white chocolate over the bars. Allow 1-2 hours for the white chocolate to set before serving.