If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's your favorite crunchy appetizer bursting with flavor disguised as a healthy dinner! —Kelli @Hungry Hobby
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 piece chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey 99% lean
- 1 box (12 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2.75 cups chicken stock, divided
- 3/4 cup feta
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup italian blend cheeses
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook quinoa according to package directions, substituting the water for chicken broth. (1 cup uncooked should make about 3 cups cooked.) Allow quinoa to cool completely before using in casserole.
- Saute red onion in grapeseed oil for 3-4 minutes on medium until translucent. Add in ground turkey and saute until cooked completely (no pink remains).
- In a large bowl combine everything (turkey/onion mix, seasonings, feta, eggs, spinach, parsley, and chicken broth) except four cheese blend.
- Mix well until mixture looks well combined and transfer into a cooking oil sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Smooth and compact it with the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle four cheese blend over the to pof the casserole. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes until casserole is set and it begins to turn golden brown. Turn broiler on and broil for 3-4 minutes to get a nice crunchy crust.
- et sit 15 minutes before serving. Can be enjoyed as a side dish or full meal.