If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chewy skillet popped lentils meet apples, bell peppers & butternut squash in this gluten free, low calorie dish. These Harvest Skillet Lentils make a simple & healthy meal for any day of the week! —Megan Olson
- 1 cup skillet popped lentils
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled & diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- Cook lentils according to Skillet Popped Lentils instructions recipe http://skinnyfitalicious.com/skillet-popped-lentils-with-parsley/
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat & add extra virgin olive oil
- Add butternut squash & cook 10 minutes stirring frequently
- Once squash has browned a bit, add diced apples & peppers with spices & orange zest
- Cook until veggies are tender about 7-8 minutes
- Once veggies are tender, add apple cider vinegar & lentils to the skillet
- Toss to combine & cook 2-3 minutes more
- Add chopped parsley & serve immediately