If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fluffy egg whites and crispy coconut oil fried plantains come together in this Truffled Egg Whites & Plantains dish for a simple, gourmet style breakfast! —Megan Olson
large egg whites
teaspoon black truffle oil
teaspoon garlic powder
tablespoon store bought or homemade salsa
large very ripe plantain, peeled and sliced
cup coconut oil for frying
sea salt to taste
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan & bring to medium high heat
- When oil is hot, add sliced plantains to the pan
- Fry plantains 5 minutes until edges begin to lightly brown then flip to fry 2-3 minutes more until lightly browned
- Remove immediately from frying pan & place on paper towel to absorb leftover oil
- Sprinkle sea salt on plantains
- Sprinkle sea salt on plantains Bring a small frying pan to medium heat
- In a small bowl, add egg whites, garlic powder, pepper & truffle oil
- Whisk 5 minutes until eggs become frothy
- Add frothy eggs to small frying pan
- Cook eggs while stirring constantly, flipping periodically until done cooking 3-5 minutes
- To a plate, add layer of plantains, add truffled eggs and top with salsa