If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple granola studded with pecans and dried cranberries. It's sweet, but not too sweet - it's excellent served with milk, yogurt, or as a topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt. —Kelci Hedrick
Makes 5 cups
- 3 cups raw old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups raw pecan halves or pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons neutral flavored oil
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats and pecans.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, maple syrup, brown sugar (if using), vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over oats and pecans and stir until everything is lightly coated.
- Transfer oats and pecans to a half sheet pan lined with parchment and bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 25 minutes, rotate the sheet pan and stir in the shredded coconut. Bake for another 7-10 minutes or until everything is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let mixture cool thoroughly to room temp. Stir in dried cranberries, and transfer to an airtight container or serve immediately. Keeps for about a week.