If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh green beans transformed into an elegant side dish. —Beyond the Chicken Coop
pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
cup sliced almonds
- Cook beans for 2 minutes in boiling water. Water should be at a rolling boil before you add beans.
- Drain beans in a colander and then cool in a bowl of cold water. Once cooled drain beans again. Remove all excess water from beans.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter. Once melted add almonds.
- Cook over low heat until slightly browned. 3-4 minutes. Remove almonds.
- In same pan add garlic and beans.
- Let cook until beans are heated through.
- Add almonds. Stir.
- Turn off heat, squeeze ½ lemon over top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.