Author Notes: Fresh green beans transformed into an elegant side dish. —Beyond the Chicken Coop
pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
cup sliced almonds
- Cook beans for 2 minutes in boiling water. Water should be at a rolling boil before you add beans.
- Drain beans in a colander and then cool in a bowl of cold water. Once cooled drain beans again. Remove all excess water from beans.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter. Once melted add almonds.
- Cook over low heat until slightly browned. 3-4 minutes. Remove almonds.
- In same pan add garlic and beans.
- Let cook until beans are heated through.
- Add almonds. Stir.
- Turn off heat, squeeze ½ lemon over top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.