If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Is there anything more comforting than warm shortbread biscuits and a pot of earl grey tea? —Kylie Zimanyi
grams plain flour, sifted
grams butter, melted
grams brown sugar
grams baking powder
tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Whisk the melted butter, sugar and egg in a bowl until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Knead the orange and thyme into the dough ensuring it is evenly distributed. Knead the dough into a ball, wrap the dough in cling-wrap and refrigerate it overnight. (If you are time-poor, 1 hour should suffice).
- When you are ready to prepare the biscuits, preheat the oven to 180o celsius. Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/4 of an inch in thickness. Cut out your desired biscuit shapes and place them on a pre-lined baking tray. Place them in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take out the biscuits and allow them to cool on a cooling rack. Bon Appétit! :-)