Author Notes: Is there anything more comforting than warm shortbread biscuits and a pot of earl grey tea? —Kylie Zimanyi
grams plain flour, sifted
grams butter, melted
grams brown sugar
grams baking powder
tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
In This Recipe
- Whisk the melted butter, sugar and egg in a bowl until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Knead the orange and thyme into the dough ensuring it is evenly distributed. Knead the dough into a ball, wrap the dough in cling-wrap and refrigerate it overnight. (If you are time-poor, 1 hour should suffice).
- When you are ready to prepare the biscuits, preheat the oven to 180o celsius. Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/4 of an inch in thickness. Cut out your desired biscuit shapes and place them on a pre-lined baking tray. Place them in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take out the biscuits and allow them to cool on a cooling rack. Bon Appétit! :-)