If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beetroot soup is traditional Polish soup we put on table during Christmas Eve. However with a bit of creamy we eat it from time to time throughout the year. With potatoes.... yum ! I decided to change it a bit. Because I am vegan I needed to avoid adding cream. Coconut milk, I thought. Let's add ginger and we will see. Soup is creamy, a little bit spicy and sweet.
I always cook my own stock. I prefer fresh and healthy. Also they do not herbal stocks. I you can add any stock you want, home made or bought. —monaturalnie
- 1,5 liters vegetable/herbal stock
- 2 cooked beets
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger root
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 marjoram
- 1/2 savory
- 2 juniper berries
- 1/2 lovage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook herbal stock. Add vegetables, herbs (about 1/2 teaspoon savory, lovage, dried parsley, a teaspoon marjoram, 2 juniper berries, bay leaf, salt and pepper), olive oil and pour boiling water. Cook for 20-30 minutes. Season with soy sauce. 5 minutes prior finishing cooking, add chopped fresh parsley. Strain and throw veggies away.
- Heat olive oil, fry the chopped onion, garlic, beetroot and ginger for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to stock and cook for next 5-10 minutes. Pour it into a blender, add coconut milk and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer back to pot and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Seasoning to taste if necessary with salt, pepper and marjoram.