If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know. Topinambours are ugly and not always easy to cooke - but they are also delicious. They have a hazel-nutty aftertaste —MarieGlobetrotter
milliliters White wine
liter Vegetable broth
cup half-half or heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Crabmeat and topinambour topping
Lemon, zest only
- Peel the topinambour and onion and cut into dices. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add the white wine and the vegetable broth. Lower the heat somewhat and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup, pour the cream and season to taste. Let it simmer until heated through.
- For the topping: Stir together crabmeat, parsley and lemon zest Cut the topinambour into small dices, melt 1 tbsp butter in a skillet and fry until crispy.
- Serve the soup and sprinkle the crabmeat and topinambour chips on top. Enjoy!