If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a super quick and delicious breakfast —Mini's
Serves 1 / 2
cup Quick oats
cup Milk ( you can use any kind of milk you want)
teaspoon Turmeric paste
handfuls Mixed nuts for serving
Honey / maple syrup (optional)
- Start by making the turmeric paste. In a small pan, put 3/4 of a cup of water and heat it til it boils. While it s boiling put in a teaspoon of ground turmeric and stir. Continue to boil the mix and constantly stir it till the water is evaporating and you get a smooth paste. Remove the paste from the pan let it cool down. You can store the paste for about a month in the fridge to use it ahead.
- Now for the porridge, put the milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the quick oats and stir. Turn down the heat a little and continue to stir for a minute.
- Now add the turmeric paste to the mix and keep stiring gently on a low heat for one more minute.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and serve it in a bowl. If you want it to be more liquid you can add some more milk or water to it.
- Serve it with some crushed nuts ( the walnut-almond-cashew is the win for me) and some honey or maple syrup if you want it more sweet.