Author Notes: For a super quick and delicious breakfast —Mini's
Serves: 1 / 2
cup Quick oats
cup Milk ( you can use any kind of milk you want)
teaspoon Turmeric paste
handfuls Mixed nuts for serving
Honey / maple syrup (optional)
- Start by making the turmeric paste. In a small pan, put 3/4 of a cup of water and heat it til it boils. While it s boiling put in a teaspoon of ground turmeric and stir. Continue to boil the mix and constantly stir it till the water is evaporating and you get a smooth paste. Remove the paste from the pan let it cool down. You can store the paste for about a month in the fridge to use it ahead.
- Now for the porridge, put the milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the quick oats and stir. Turn down the heat a little and continue to stir for a minute.
- Now add the turmeric paste to the mix and keep stiring gently on a low heat for one more minute.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and serve it in a bowl. If you want it to be more liquid you can add some more milk or water to it.
- Serve it with some crushed nuts ( the walnut-almond-cashew is the win for me) and some honey or maple syrup if you want it more sweet.