If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crisper full of asparagus and a love of tangy flavors inspired this combination. This recipe is also ideal for improvisation--any dairy product combined with your favorite vegetable will work...Sauteed mushrooms or peppers would be delicious! —Windischgirl
- 1 prebaked Pie crust--see my recipe for processor pie crust or use your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon each fresh tarragon and chives, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 25 thin stalks asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, seasonings, herbs, and zest, until well combined. Sprinkle the asparagus pieces into the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the egg/yogurt mixture over the asparagus, and place the pie tin on a baking sheet (to catch any spills in the oven).
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffy, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. There may seem to be a lot of liquid in the tart, but don't be alarmed. Let the tart sit for 10 minutes before cutting to serve and the liquid will magically be absorbed. This is also delicious served cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart