If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister gifted me with a kilo (2 pounds!) of Nutella, and I totally missed out on Pumpkin Pie this year. Why not combine two of my favorite tastes? —Windischgirl
Makes: 6-8 tartlets
pie crust to line 6 four-inch or 8 three-inch tartlet tins
15 oz can pureed pumpkin
teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 Tbs packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground mace
tablespoon Lyle's Golden Syrup or in a pinch, corn syrup
teaspoon chocolate extract
tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Gently warm the nutella by placing the bottle in a pan of hot water. The nutella should be runny and spreadable. Spread a Tablespoonful in the bottom of each of the tartlet crusts and chill while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, eggs, syrup, sugar, and spices, and whisk until smooth and evenly blended. Remove the tartlets from the fridge and gently spoon the pumpkin mixture over the nutella. Place the tartlets on a baking sheet to catch any spills. Sprinkle each tartlet with 1/2 Tbs of chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the filling is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack until ready to serve, with a puff of whipped cream, of course.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart