If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick bread that encompass the flavors of fall and winter with apples, pears, and a hearty amount of ginger. —Candiss
Makes 1 standard loaf pan
- 3/4 cup Spelt Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinammon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinager
- 4 ounces Butter - Melted
- 1 cup Hard Cooking Apples Chopped into 1/4" Cubes
- 1 cup Pear - Chopped into 1/4" Cubes
- As needed Butter to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle of the oven
- Prepare the pan by rubbing down with butter or spraying with cookie spray
- In one bowl mix together all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients well. Once well mixed pour into the dry mixture and mix together thoroughly, making sure there are no lumps of flour.
- Mix in the apple and pear, mix until distributed evenly. Pour batter into the greased loaf pan. Hit the pan hard a few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles
- Place into oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until a tooth pick comes clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack before removing from pan