If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: encased in an almond shortcrust pastry
Almond Shortcrust Pastry
- 3 tablespoons almond
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 90 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 180*c.
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground. Add sugar and pulse again. Add the flour and pulse until combined.
- Immediately transfer dough to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
Salted Caramel + Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 170 grams bittersweet chocolate chips/slab of chocolate broken into small peices
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 1/3 cup salted caramel
- Warm the salted caramel in the microwave till runny. Pour evenly in the tart shell, and keep rotating till the insides (not edges) are covered with a thin layer of the caramel. Leave to cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, make the ganache: Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Pour hot cream, through a sieve, over chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy in texture. Mix in 1 tsp vanilla, if using.
- Pour chocolate mixture into center of cooled tart shell, over the salted caramel. Gently place in refrigerator to chill and set for 4 hours.
- Place the tart over a glass or mug, the slowly release the tart ring. It should easily drop down. Now bring the tart onto a counter and with a sharp knife, gently release it from the removable bottom of the tart tin. This requires very minimal effort - but does require a gentle touch.
- Slice with a sharp, slightly warm knife and enjoy.