- Serves 4
What You'll Need
1 1/2 cups
Red Wine Vinegar
Cranberry Sauce (chunky)
Chicken Veloute to taste
Chicken Breast (skin on)
Herbed Goats Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Carmelize the Sugar until melted and smooth.
- At the same time, in a seperate pan, heat Vinegar, Cranberry Sauce, & Port Wine until simmering.
- Kill the heat on sugar and slowly pour Vinegar mixture into carmelized sugar (it will pop, and sizzle at you, and if you don't turn off the heat you will probably loose some hair), stir on low heat until smooth. Do not overcook this sauce as it will seperate and turn to crap. Stir in veloute to taste (start with 2 T) and thicken if need be with cornstarch slurry. Season with 2 whole clove peices small slice of lemon and salt & pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut a pocket on chicken breast from the side and stuff w/ goats cheese. (If you like you can use regular goats cheese and marinate the chicken in olive/vegetable oil & herbs overnight.) Heat oven safe frying pan to medium high heat, and add a little oil, Oil should be pretty hot, insert stuffed chicken - skin down - and fry about 2 mins, making sure skin is browned well, turn chicken over and finish, in pan, in oven for 10-15 mins or until all pink is cooked out.
- Pour sauce over chicken & serve w/ roasted garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus