If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vanilla flavored shortbread with berries, nuts and a hint of orange zest. Perfect for afternoon tea! —Brittni Miller
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup Softened butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla paste
- 2 cups All-pourpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- 1 teaspoon Fresh orange zest
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix on medium speed for about 1 minute until it comes together. You may wonder if you’ve done it right because it starts out very crumbly.
- Add the cherries, pistachios and zest. Mix until just combined.
- Form dough into an even log about 14 inches long and roll in parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour or until firm all the way through.
- lice cookies off at your preferred thickness and bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden brown. Cooking time depends on how thick you cut them.