If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The wings are slow cooked for fall-off-the-bone perfection and then placed in the oven for a bit to give them a crispy finish. Topped with a sticky, delicious, finger-licking-good sauce - they are the most addictive wings you will ever try! —Babaganosh
Makes 4 dozen wings
- 6 pounds chicken wings, thawed (about 4 dozen)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 10 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together. In the slow cooker, rub the spice powder all over the wings.
- In a slow cooker, cook wings on HIGH for 2 hours, and then on LOW for 2 more hours. When the wings are done cooking, they will have released a lot of juices. Just fish the wings out of the slow cooker with tongs when you are ready for step 5.
- At the end of the 4 hours of slow cooking, pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking dish with foil and spray the foil with non-stick spray. You might need 2 medium-sized baking dishes so you don’t crowd the wings.
- Place the wings on the baking dish, and brush the wings with the sauce. Flip each wing over, and brush the other side with the sauce. Bake the wings at 350F for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the wings – if the sauce starts burning on the foil, lower the temperature to 325F. It’s OK if the sauce burns a little on the foil – the sauce on the wings won’t burn and will turn into a delicious sticky sauce.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush them with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with sliced green onions or sesame seeds, if you like.