If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In honor of those Broncos, their crazy mile-high city, and their weed-friendly state, I’m offering a rocky mountain high option. (I’m actually making regular brownies but if you happen to be in Colorado or any other marijuana-friendly state, go for the add-in marked "Optional" below.)
Note: All of the expected disclaimers apply. Make sure you purchase from a trusted dispensary. And if you do "indulge," make sure you’re not driving and that you’re hanging with cool people. Basically, don’t do anything stupid. —Mario Batali
Makes 9 good-size brownies
cup butter, cut into 4 equal pieces
grams high quality marijuana, cleaned and ground (optional)
cup Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
cup granulated sugar
ounces milk-chocolate chips
teaspoon real vanilla extract
cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease an 8-by 8-inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, the marijuana (if using), and cocoa powder, stirring continuously until the butter is just melted. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the cocoa mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Let the cocoa mixture cool for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, chocolate chips, and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the eggs 1 at a time, stirring so that each is well combined. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake on the center tack for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with tiny crumbs.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar, cut into 9 squares, and serve. Or, store for up to 2 days in a tightly-sealed plastic container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!