If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serve up some of this shredded tomatillo pork in a rice bowl, on a salad, or as tacos. Super easy, healthy, and delicious! —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
- 4 pounds boneless pork butt, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups puréed fresh or canned tomatillos
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large fresh lime
- optional accompaniments: pico de gallo, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, sliced avocados, salsa, sour cream, and soft flour or corn tortillas
- Place pork butt in slow cooker. Cover the pork with all the ingredients EXCEPT the lime and optional accompaniments. Place lid on top of slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred into smaller pieces with two forks. Place the shredded pork back in slow cooker with the leftover sauce and sprinkle with the fresh lime juice. Stir well. Serve with optional accompaniments, if desired.