If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ultimate Superfood Breakfast/Energy Bar filled with all the good stuff (quinoa, oats, hemp seeds, chia, and almonds) to energize you for the whole day! Gluten free and vegan. —Kelli @Hungry Hobby
Makes 8-12 bars
- 1/2 cup oat flour (1/2 cup ground oats)
- 2 cups old fashion rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1 whole mashed large banana
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Start by cooking the quinoa according to package directions, 1 cup uncooked should make about 2 -3 cups cooked. While your quinoa is cooking on the stove you can assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients including oat flour, oats, hemp seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl and mix well.
- In another medium size bowl combine chia seeds, milk, mashed banana, almond butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth and well combined. Chia seeds will start to gel thickening the ingredients.
- When the quinoa is done add it to the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and mix till well combined.
- Spread evenly in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish and compact with a spatula. Just press the back of the spatula across the bake so everything is well combined together.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until browned around the edges. A toothpick should come out clean and it should feel firm. Let cool 30 minutes before cutting into bars.