If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A comforting smoky, thick and slightly spicy soup topped with fresh avocado, and herbs. Recipe comes together quickly for a delicious meal on it's own. —Fogwood and Fig
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 3/4 cup red lentils rinsed
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes in juice crushed in blender
- 3-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup organic corn
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- For the Chili: Combine paprika, cumin, cinnamon, clove in small bowl and set aside In a medium pot heat the oil. Add the onion and poblano pepper with ½ tsp sea salt and sauté for four minutes until tender. Add the garlic, chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin, cinnamon and clove and sauté one minute, if pan is too dry add a splash of broth, add the lentils and stir to combine, stir in the tomatoes, add broth, vinegar and syrup, Bring to a boil then simmer covered for 20 minutes until lentils are cooked. Add the corn and mushrooms and keep covered 2 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
- Plating: Plating Add lentil soup to a bowl, top with mashed avocado and cilantro or parsley. Squeeze a little fresh lime juice and the avocado and sprinkle with sea salt! Delish!