If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Someone once brought this Zucchini Bread to my Christmas party and I absolutely loved it! The taste reminded me a lot of the "kuchen" my German-Brazilian grandmother used to make in Brazil, when I was a kid. Next time I make this bread I will use whole wheat flour; I love the slightly nutty taste of it. This is the kind of stuff I like to bake: easy and really delicious. (By the way, this is how we make carrot cake in Brazil: we blend the raw carrots in a blender; we also don't add spices to the batter.) —MrsK
Makes 2 loaves
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- confectioner sugar (for decorating)
- Blend the first 5 ingredients. Sift all other ingredients in a bowl and (delicately) mix with blended zucchini.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack before sprinkling generously with confectioner's sugar.