If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Salsa is Spicy and full of charred Tomatillo, Lime and Cilantro flavor with a little crunch added by diced White onion. Taking only 10 min to make from start to finish this one is easy. —Maren Epstein
Makes 2 cups
- 3/4 pound Tomatillo, 9 medium tomatillos peeled
- 1 Jalapeno, Whole
- 1/4 cup White Onion, Diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves and soft stems, Packed
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Water, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, (optional)
- Raise oven rack to the highest shelf. Turn on broiler. Peel papery covers off of Tomatillos. Place the Tomatillos and Jalapeno on a half sheet tray and broil for 5 min. Or until they blister and start cracking. Then turn them over and roast the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer Tomatillo to the blender with half of the Jalapeno, cilantro, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Pulse the blender and add the water one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in minced onion and season to your preference with more salt and pepper.