If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Toasted coconut banana cream pie —Oh Sweet Day!
- COCONUT CRUST
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BANANA CREAM PIE FILLING
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, slightly toasted
- Preheat over to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with a removable bottom.
- To prepare crust, mix coconut, flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt in a food processor until dough just becomes to form a ball.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie dish. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Then bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until it holds firm peaks. Remove cream from bowl and keep cold in fridge.
- In the same bowl, beat cream cheese until it’s soft and creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla, continue beating until combined.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten the mixture, then add the remaining cream and continue folding until incorporated.
- Cover the bottom of the crust with banana slices. Pour the cream mixture over top. Smooth the top with a spatula. Arrange banana slices on top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate the pies until set before serving, at least 2 hours.