If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever so slightly adapted and scaled down from the recipe by Danguole Lekaviciute of the "10th kitchen" blog. —goodgalsasha
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 130 grams sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 20 grams sifted cocoa powder
- 30 grams dark chocolate
- 1/3 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- For the chocolate sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat combine 80ml water, 45gr sugar, cocoa powder and smoked sea salt, cook 2min stirring until uniform. Add the chopped dark chocolate, cook until completely melted and glossy.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml whole milk, leave to rest.
- For the ice cream in another small saucepan over medium heat combine the heavy cream, the leftover milk, 85gr sugar, stir, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese and the chocolate sauce, stir until smooth and combined. Cool to room temperature, then transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Spoon into an airtight container alternating layers of ice cream and the Concord grape jelly (6-8tsp), store in the fridge for at least 5 hours until set.