If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Golden roasted Caramelized Cauliflower with Tahini & fried onions. A delicious gluten free, Paleo, Vegan, low calorie dish that makes a tasty side or appetizer! —Megan Olson
head of cauliflower, cleaned, leaves removed & cut into florets (about 4 cups)
small white onion, halved & sliced thinly (about 2 cups)
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoons minced garlic
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F
- Place cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Add 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper to cauliflower
- Bake cauliflower 15 minutes then turn on the broiler on high to cook another 5 minutes
- Remove cauliflower from oven & place aside
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat a medium pan to medium high
- Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions to the pan
- Cook the onions until tender, stirring constantly
- The onions can burn fast so watch carefully & remove when tender 8-10 minutes otherwise they will burn
- Place onions on a paper towel & add 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- To the pan you used to cook the onions, turn the heat to low & add minced garlic
- You should have enough oil left in the pan otherwise add a tiny bit more
- After a minute, turn heat off add lemon juice, paprika, 1 tbsp parsley, tahini & whisk in 12 tbsp warm water to thin (I added 12 tbsp to mine)
- Be sure to continuously whisk the sauce as you're adding the water or it may burn
- Place cauliflower in a bowl, add onions to the top then spoon tahini over it (I like to reserve about half the sauce for dipping)
- Sprinkle remaining cauliflower on top & enjoy!