Author Notes: My new favorite way to cook and eat kabocha. (adapted from Refinery29) —Valentina | The Blue Bride
kabocha squash, about 500 g
tablespoons sake, divided
tablespoon chickpea miso
teaspoon sesame seeds
In This Recipe
- Cut the squash in 0.5 inch / 1.3 cm slices.
- In a large skillet – I used a 10.25 one – heat the ghee, add the squash and stir. Go on with the cooking at high flame stirring now and then.
- Lower the flame to medium-low, pour 1 tbsp of the sake and stir. Let cook covered until tender.
- Mix the remaining tbsp of sake with the miso and add this mixture to the squash, stirring carefully to evenly coat the squash without breaking it.
- Switch off the flame, sprinkle the sesame seeds on the squash and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe