If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My new favorite way to cook and eat kabocha. (adapted from Refinery29) —Valentina | The Blue Bride
kabocha squash, about 500 g
tablespoons sake, divided
tablespoon chickpea miso
teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cut the squash in 0.5 inch / 1.3 cm slices.
- In a large skillet – I used a 10.25 one – heat the ghee, add the squash and stir. Go on with the cooking at high flame stirring now and then.
- Lower the flame to medium-low, pour 1 tbsp of the sake and stir. Let cook covered until tender.
- Mix the remaining tbsp of sake with the miso and add this mixture to the squash, stirring carefully to evenly coat the squash without breaking it.
- Switch off the flame, sprinkle the sesame seeds on the squash and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe