If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This might be cheating since it's just a spice rub - but it's an excellent spice rub. Good on any meats - lamb and beef, especially. Keep leftovers in a jar with a tight lid indefinitely.... Bonus - leftover skirts make excellent tacos. —Canned
Espresso Love Rub
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers, dried
- 4 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup finely ground espresso beans (you can cheat and use good quality instant espresso)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Grind lavender, cumin seeds and black peppercorns in a spice grinder to medium fine.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and store in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Espresso Love Rubbed Skirts
- 6 4" pieces of Skirt steak, any silverskin removed
- 1/2 cup espresso love rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Cover each piece of skirt steak with rub. Let sit for 30 minutes. Or not.
- Heat a 12" cast iron skillet on high heat. When hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Add skirt steak pieces to the hot skillet, taking care not to overcrowd - do in batches if necessary. Cook steaks to medium rare, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place cleaned arugula on a platter and top with cooked steak as removing from the skillet. Serve with lemon slices on the side. Or in the summer with cherry tomatoes, sugar snaps and corn.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee