If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A rich malted chocolate espresso cupcake, filled with a dark chocolate coffee ganache, topped with a latte frosting, ganache drizzle and chocolate covered coffee bean —Tracey Olson
Chocolate Mocha Malted Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups AP Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sat
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Malted Milk Powder or Ovaltine
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Espresso Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Coffee Chocolate Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups 60% Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 325F. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, malt powder, and cocoa together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add espresso and vanilla to milk and stir
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, beat on medium for approx 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 22- 25(15 minutes for mini) minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
- Coffee Chocolate Ganache: Pour heavy cream over chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and add espresso powder. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted smooth, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- 1 1/2 cups Salted Butter, room temp
- 4 cups Powder Sugar
- 1/4 cup Strong Brewed Coffee
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 24 Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
- In an electric mixer add butter and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of powder sugar, mix on low until combined, then increase speed to medium for about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining 2 cups of powder sugar, coffee and vanilla. Mix on low until combined, then on medium combine until fluffy. Add cream until desired consistency of smooth and fluffy is desired.
- Core the center of the cooled cupcakes approx ¾ of the way down using a paring knife or an apple corer. Fill with coffee ganache.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a tip or a Ziploc bag, fill with Latte frosting and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Drizzle with coffee ganache and top with a chocolate covered coffee bean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee