If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you like malted milk powder, have a latte habit, and want to shake things up a bit, then meet your new favorite coffee drink. The small amount of cocoa powder nicely complements the flavor of the malted milk powder without overpowering it. —EmilyC
Food52 Review: Imagine a chocolate malt ball. Now smash that thought together with the cozy thought of a latte. What you're dreaming of is what EmilyC made in this latte—pleasantly malty, just the slightest bit chocolatey, and creamy with steamed milk. If you don't have an espresso pot or machine, you can use a small amount of very strong hot coffee; it won't be exactly the same, but it'll be darn good. (And we can't wait to try the whole thing iced.) —The Editors
- 2 shots just-brewed espresso
- 3 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer Dutch-processed cocoa powder here, but natural cocoa powder can be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup steamed milk
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Stir together espresso with the malted milk powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla until dissolved. Top with frothed milk. Add sugar to taste (optional).
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee