If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on a traditional bread pudding —Mark Bole
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 pieces Cinnamon bread cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare eight ceramic ramekins (spray or butter bottom and sides). Combine chopped chocolate, half of the sugar, heavy cream and butter in small heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to large bowl and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally Add coffee. Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla. Beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peak forms, using electric mixer at medium speed. Slowly add remaining sugar, beating at high speed. Beat until stiff peak forms. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Gently fold in bread cubes. Divide mixture evenly among prepare ramekins. Place in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to fill halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool ramekins slightly.
- Note: (can substitute muffin pan for ramekin – in muffin pans 15-20 minutes)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee
More Great Recipes: Desserts