If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy Raspberry Lemon Cake made with tart lemon juice, Greek yogurt, rings of sweet raspberries and no refined sugar! This elegant cake is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. A fancy dessert with no guilt! —Megan Olson
- 1 cup Gluten Free baking flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a 9" round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and GF baking flour
- In a separate larger bowl, combine honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon extract, Greek yogurt, milk and egg whites. Stir to combine fully ensuring there are no lumps in the wet ingredients.
- To the wet ingredients, gradually add the flour mixture stirring gently just to combine the two.
- Add the batter to the prepared cake pan. Place raspberries on top of the batter, gently pressing them a bit into the batter so they stay in place.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan 20 minutes prior to removing.
- Add lemon zest to the cake then cut into 10 slices to enjoy!