If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty and healthy breakfast casserole you can make on the weekend and take to work with you through the week! —Megan Olson
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & shredded with a cheese grater
- 1 pound lean breakfast turkey sausage
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 12 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk or choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon sage
- dashes salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmasean
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a medium baking dish with cooking spray or oil
- Spread shredded sweet potatoes evenly on bottom of dish
- In a large pan saute turkey and spinach over medium heat
- Once turkey is browned and spinach is wilted remove from heat
- In a large bowl crack egg whites, add milk & seasonings then stir well
- Add spinach & turkey to sweet potatoes
- Pour egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with parmesan
- Bake 45 minutes, remove from oven, cut into 6 pieces, serve & enjoy!