If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was on the lookout for something to satisfy my sweet tooth and resist the urge to tuck into a whole bucket of Ben & Jerry's. Here's a variation of the Raw Rich Chocolate Cashew Slice recipe I found on The Whole Daily. They're rich, raw and delicious, a breeze to make, perfect for a midday treat and will kill that Choc Fudge Brownie craving dead in its tracks. —Ash King
Makes about 12 (+ off cuts)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Macadamias
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Chopped Medjool Dates (pitted and soaked for up to 5min in warm water)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Psyllium Husk
- 1 cup Unsalted Cashews
- 2 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- To make the bottoms, place all the base ingredients in a food processor and whiz until well combined (you might need to give it a scoop around to stop the dates from sticking).
- Using plastic wrap, line a square container (mine is 16cmx16cm but if your container is smaller/or larger your cookies will just end up thinner/thicker!). Pour the whizzed ingredients into the plastic-wrapped container and press and smooth (I use the back of a large, flat spoon). Pop into the freezer to start setting and get to work on the topping.
- Blitz the cashews in the food processor until they're a fine powder.
- Add remaining topping ingredients to food processor and blitz briefly until just combined.
- Scoop topping from food processor and pour over the base. Spread and even out with your spoon again, then pop back into the freezer to set.
- Let it set for an hour, and remove from freezer. Tap the bottom to loosen the slice from the container and pull out with the plastic wrap. Discard the plastic wrap, and with a cookie cutter (mine was a cute heart shaped one!) press into the slices to get as many cookies as you can!