Author Notes: Dashimaki-tamago is really popular among Japanese people. You could find this anywhere in Japan! —mika
tablespoon dashi(bonito base)
a pinch of salt
In This Recipe
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat them well.
- Add dashi, sugar and salt to the beaten eggs, and mix well
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat, then add a little vegetable oil, ensuring the pan is well coated.
- Pour in one half of the egg mixture to the pan
- Spread the mixture over the pan and stir with chopsticks.
- When the mixture is half done, roll it toward the front of the pan, and grease the empty space in the pan
- Slide roll to the opposite side of the pan, and grease empty space again.
- Add a small portion of the egg mixture and spread it over the pan again. Repeat this process, making the roll bigger.
- When the egg roll is done, cut it into pieces.