If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good camp memory—and I’ll take any chance to relive it. Summer camp-worthy grilled cheese gets updated with labneh, za'atar, and thick, seedy wheat bread. I dunked mine in Progresso's Hearty Tomato Soup, but any thick tomato soup would do the trick. —molly yeh
- Olive oil
- 4 thick slices seedy wheat bread
- 2 ounces shaved white Cheddar
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 cup labneh or plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- Tomato soup, for serving
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toast the bread slices on one side until lightly browned and then flip them over. Top two slices with cheddar and two slices with parmesan and then spread two of the slices with the labneh and sprinkle with a pinch of za’atar and sumac. Carefully sandwich them together, cover with a lid, and cook until the bottom is toasted. Flip, cover, and cook until the bottom is toasted and the parmesan and cheddar are melted. Transfer to a plate, cut diagonally, and serve with tomato soup.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!