If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was born from a surplus of tomatoes and leeks at my farm share last spring. This soup is simple, quick, and probably my favorite tomato soup to date. A whole bulb of garlic? Yes, that is not a typo! Skimping on the garlic or switching out coconut oil for any other would definitely detract from the commingling flavors in this soup. —kat gans
- 2-3 Leeks
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 5 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Lemon
- Trim, half, and slice leeks. Peel and crush garlic with knife blade. Quarter tomatoes. Add all to a pan with coconut oil and roast on 475° ~25minutes until fully cooked and browned on outside.
- In a pot bring broth to a simmer. Deglaze the roasting pan if needed and add roasted vegetables to pot. Add smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Let simmer for about 20minutes partially covered.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup to desired consistency. Add juice from 1/2 lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of