If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a rustic Nepalese stew which is superbly delicious accompanied either by rice or polenta. —dipa
- 500 grams diced chicken (including feet and wings) preferably local organic .
- 1 tablespoon ajwain
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 tablespoons chopped dill
- 850 milliliters rice stock (basically the white starchy water that comes out while washing rice)
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter/ ghee
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Warm ghee in a sauté pan; temper it with ajwain and cumin seeds (make sure they turn black before adding turmeric powder). Add the chicken and let it brown and crisp up, add the ginger paste along with nutmeg powder and add them to the pan together with 2 tbsp. of chopped dill, 850 ml of rice stock. Get the stock to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes; add salt and garnish with remaining of chopped dill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of